The Scientific Association of Research Centres for Human Resource Development in the Arab Region
The Scientific Association of Research Centres for Human Resource Development in the Arab Region was launched in 2011, with a board of founding members from Jordan, Sudan, Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Tunisia, Egypt, and Bahrain. The launch took place at the NCHRD headquarters, with the participation of the Secretary General of the Arab Association of Scientific Research Council, as well as representatives of several Arab agencies working in the field of human resource development.
NCHRD was voted to be the headquarters of the Scientific Association, and its President to be its Secretary General, by its founding members.
The principal aims of the Scientific Association include the following:
- Advance the scientific research projects, and exchange its findings.
- Organise periodic scientific forums, including specialised conferences, and seminars.
- Define the nature of the difficulties and the impediments, confronting the human resource developers and consumers in the Arab states, and proposing adequate policies to reach system synchronisation and equilibrium.
- Promote the creation of related research centres in the Arab states, particularly where none exist.
Following are highlights on the main achievements of the Scientific Association:
- Endorsement by participating members of the Association, of the Organisational System with its roles and responsibilities.
Conference on Future Directions in Human Resource Development in the Arab World (16-27/9/2012), was held in the NCHRD under the Royal Patronage of HRH Prince Hassan. The seminar covered the following the following themes in human resource development:
- contemporary issues;
- synchronisation of supply and demand;
- evolving challenges;
- quality education for all: the key for sustainability;
- the social and human perspective.
Sixteen research papers were presented from Jordan, Sudan, Iraq, UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Algeria. The Seminar proceedings were published in a comprehensive report, in 2013.
3. Conference on Human Resource Development in the Arab World: Challenges and Prospects was hosted by the Republic of Sudan, in 6-7/1/2013. It covered the following the themes in human resource development:
- current status in the Arab World;
- priorities with reference to the labour market;
- prospects and vision;
- role as investment supporter.
Conference on the Challenges of Human Resource Development in the Arab World, in the Twenty First Century, hosted by the Ibn Zahr University, Kingdom of Morocco. Thirty research studies and working papers were presented and discussed in six sessions. The Conference covered the following themes, in human resource development:
- the gap between development and investment;
- investment in the Arab woman: current status and aspirations;
- quality education: an essential vehicle;
- status in the Region, in the age of technology and the knowledge economy;
- related issues in the Arab region: illiteracy, school drop-out, poverty.
Twelve Arab countries participated, including, Egypt, Tunisia, Jordan, Iraq, Algeria, Morocco, Palestine, Sudan, Libya, Yemen, UAE, and Saudi Arabia.
- Conference on Arab Youth in the Context of the Promotion and the Investment of the Human Resource Development System: Status and Aspiration, hosted by Sfax University, Republic of Tunisia, in 28-29/10/2015. The Conference covered the following themes:
- youth and development: considerations and concerns;
- youth and sustainable development issues in the Arab World;
- advancement needs and requirements for the development of Arab youth;
- youth and sustainable development: a principal or secondary engine;
- empowerment of Arab women, as a key engine of human development.
Participating countries included, Jordan, Egypt, Algeria, Morocco, Palestine, Sudan and Saudi Arabia.
- The fifth season of annual conference of the Scientific Association of Human Resource Development Research Centers in the Arab world was held in the 16th and 17th of November 2016 in the city of Sharm El-Sheikh-Egypt and hosted by the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology in the Arab Republic of Egypt under the title: The role of the private sector in the development of human resources in the Arab world.
1) The sixth annual conference will be held in cooperation between the General Secretariat of the Association, the Union of Arab Scientific Research Councils and the Al Quds Open University in Palestine, entitled: Arab Women in the Human Resources Development System: Empowerment and Increased Participation in the Labor Market in October 2017 in Amman / Jordan
2) The Scientific Association is looking forward to publishing a research journal, subject to the availability of funds.
Following is a list of the published conference papers:
|Challenges of Human Resource Development in the Arab Region in the Twenty First Century
|Future Directions in Human Resource Development in the Arab States
|Human Resource Development in the Arab World: Challenges and Future Prospects
|Conference on Arab Youth in the Context of the Promotion and the Investment of the Human Resource Development System: Status and Aspiration
|Safax - Tunisia
|Conference on The role of the private sector and the civil sector in the development of Human Resources in the Arab world
|Conference on Arab women in the Human Resources Development system: empowerment and increased participation in the labor market
|AlQuds Open University - Palestine